Little Pnuts love to put their art on display, no matter what medium they have worked in. Today we have the perfect Valentines Day activity that lets them put their love on display just in time for that special day.
What You Will Need:
- Poster Paint, preferably in Valentines colors
- White Paper
- Heart shaped cookie cutters or other heart-shaped items. We used cookie cutters, little heart-shaped treat boxes and sponges cut into heart shapes
Get Ready, Get Set..
Pour some paint onto a paper plate or into a shallow bowl. Tip: A small piece of cardboard makes a good artists pallet too. Then, let your Little Pnut dip their heart shapes into the paint and stamp them onto the paper until their little heart’s content. When they are done, set their paintings somewhere safe to dry.
Now for the fun part! Decide how to display your Little Pnuts art. Some ideas for you.
- Hang it as is
- Use it as wrapping paper
- Cut out heart shapes for it and string together to make garland
- Cut out heart shapes and tie them off individually with ribbon to hang around the house (that’s what we did)
- Help your Little Pnut write a Valentine’s message or To & From on the hearts and hand them out as homemade Valentines.
This activities focuses on the following Developmental Milestones for your Little Pnuts:
Fine Motor Skills, Focus and Concentration, Strategic Thinking, Color Recognition, Hand-Eye Coordination, Cognitive Development, Creative Play, Free Play.—Jennifer Haas, founder of Plain Vanilla Mom.